Tawa Burger is a cross between Masala Pav and Cheese Pav Bhaji, the cheesy veggie masala along with soft burger buns taste absolutely amazing. Whether you're craving for some Indian street food, or just some indian cuisine, this one ticks all the right boxes.
2. The Ingredients
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves (chopped)
- Green Chili – 2-3 (chopped)
- Capsicum – ½ (chopped)
- Onions – 2 (chopped)
- Salt – to season
- Tomato – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Carrot – 1 (chopped, parboiled)
- Potato – 1 (chopped, parboiled)
- French Beans – 4 (chopped, parboiled)
- Paneer – 100g
- Cheese Cubes / Processed Cheese – 5 / 125g
- Coriander leaves : 2 tbsp (chopped)
Masala Paste Ingredients:
- Sesame – 2 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Kasoori Methi – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp (heaped)
- Amchoor Powder / Chat Masala – 1 tsp (heaped)
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Schezwan Chutney – 1 tsp
- To finish the recipe : Butter – 2 tbsp
- Leftover masala paste / Schezwan Chutney – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
3. Getting started
In a large tawa / kadhai, heat up the butter. Add in garlic, green chili onions, capsicum. Season well with salt, and cook until onions start getting golden.
4. Make the Masala Paste
In the meanwhile, make a spice paste using all the ingredients mentioned under masala paste and a little bit of water.
5. Add Veggies and Mash
Add in the tomatoes to the tawa, along with the parboiled veggies and paneer. Mash & cook the veggies until they come together, and is cooked.
6. Add Masala Paste
Add in all the masala paste, and the cheese cubes and mix well. Add some water to mellow the mixture down, and cook well. Finally, add some coriander leaves and keep the mixture aside.
7. Stuff the Burger
Take a burger bun, and slice horizontally, ¾ way through. Fill the veggie mixture, and keep aside.
8. The Final Touch
Heat up a pan, add in a tsp of butter, a touch of masala paste and a sprinkle of coriander leaves. Roast the burger on its’ sides and serve it up!
Yaman Agarwal is a Food-enthusiast, budding chef, a food junkie, a foodie. Catch him cook off a storm at his YouTube Channel.